From forming her first business at 19 on her mum’s couch to owning two multi-million-dollar companies: The woman who believes the secret to her success was NOT having any experience
What the PBX? @!*, you may hear some rumblings from those guys in tech or glaze over when you see PBX, and mix it up with PBS when it reminds you that you haven’t had time to watch Downton Abbey…and progress to start to think what happened to your work/life balance?…
PBX is a part of that answer… Perhaps you don’t work for those perk companies who offers unlimited time off (but it isn’t all roses at those companies either)… A PBX can allow you to do your job wherever you are, so you really don’t need to take all that time from your job!
Example Day with the Magic PBX:
Working for a MadMen #NetworkGirl
- Your MADMEN boss out “hitting balls”
You’ve been given strict instructions on how to manage his calls, specifically his wife…
- You get a call from your daughter, your ex can’t get out of work to pick her up from Ballet, he says it is a very important call… You can’t believe of all days this happens, but you have PBX!
- Log-on quickly to your admin panel and set the office calls to seamlessly transfer to your cellphone, they won’t know they aren’t calling your desk phone (they legacy phone)…be sure to keep a ear piece in the car, don’t want to get a ticket! Phew, now relax and go about living and taking care of your family…
- RING RING, it is your boss’s wife calling! (make sure your PBX, has and is set-up for Caller-ID) …Breath, picked it up in your professional voice and take it from there… oh, yes, MRS. MADMEN, it is an emergency! certainly I will get him for you, please hold the line…your heart races, no worries you already put him in your Quick-Dial list, time for a CALL FLIP (and fingers crossed he is done “hitting balls”).
- You have your daughter in the car, you need to get back to the office and wrap up, your boss calls your office line (and reaches you on your cel. in the car)…he thanks you for the call, doesn’t know how you managed it, that she didn’t realize he wasn’t in the office but thanks you…she is on her way to the hospital to have their baby, he starts rambling a list of things for you to do, you can’t write anything down…you get back to your office, he is still talking, you need to free a hand, so you CALL FLIP back to your desk phone…he is still going but there is no way to remember everything he said prior…you get off the phone, and realize you had your “auto call recording” on…you set-up your daughter on your cellphone to play her favorite games and you play-back the recording and SAVE THE DAY, SUPER #NETWORKGIRL.
PS after work call your ex, the CEO of XYZ company and ask him why they don’t have PBX, no excuses why he can’t take care of family and business.
Now, what, how do I get one of these PBX things, it sounds awesome! Well, the Elephant in the room needs to be addressed, the LEGACY PHONE, stay tuned for more:
Meet your Elephant!
Wikipedia Definition of PBX: (you can just call it awesome for short!)
A PBX (Private Branch Exchange) is a system that connects telephone extensions to the Public Switched Telephone Network and provides internal communication for a business. An IP PBX is a PBX with Internet Protocol connectivity and may provide additional audio, video, or instant messaging communication utilizing the TCP/IP protocol stack.
Take your business anywhere with RingCentral Professional. Try it Free